Re: Diskless boot NFS server image

In article <[🔎] 99030118383504.05897@lyta> you write:
>>Some programs are still very awkward, eg
>>ssh - creates a private key for the host in /etc/ssh
>>fdutils - configures floppy disks devices depending on how many floppy
>>          disks are installed, currently my program copies all devices
>>          from the master system, so if the master only has one disk
>>          drive, you want get the newer devices for other drives.
>
>These two have postinst scripts that don't need input and you can just run them
>on the client at a later time.  For the ssh one you could just run it on the
>server in a chroot() environment.

I could do something like that, but it postinst scripts could cause
other files to become modified, causing confusion on the next update of
the NFS system (the user will be prompted if they should be updated). I
don't think it is worth it myself.

BTW: I noticed that in the output of "w" some fields are currupt on my
diskless 2.2.1 kernel system:

  4:25pm  up 12 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.04
USER     TTY      FROM              LOGIN@   IDLE   JCPU   PCPU  WHAT
bam      tty1                       4:17pm 4293257307.00s  1.03s  0.10s  w

Is this a problem with the 2.2.1 kernel that is OK on my 2.2.2 kernel
server system, or is it a problem somewhere else?