Re: FVWM 2.2 officially released

On Tue 02 Mar 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 04:44:34PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> > fvwm 1 is also the only version that allows me to switch between the virtual
> > screens with ctrl-arrow . I refuse to mouse over to the panning window
>
> Elementary, my dear Paul.
[...]
> Key Left        A       M       Scroll -100 0
> Key Up          A       M       Scroll +0 -100
> Key Right       A       M       Scroll +100 +0
> Key Down        A       M       Scroll +0 +100

OK, thank to all those kind people who enlightened me (pun partially
intended, you know who you are :-).  I now know how to do it!

> > I'd also like to hear what added value fvwm 2.2 has. If all there is
> > is the taskbar or launchbar or whatever it's called, then I'm not
> > interested. I prefer to have my apps launchable from the mouse directly.
>
> This a perfectly worthwhile argument for retaining an fvwm-classic package.
>
> I *still* think the fvwm package should contain the most recent stable
> upstream version, though.

OK, that sounds sensible. I agree that the package with the "generic"
name should contain the most appropriate version. So move the current
fvwm to fvwm-1 or whatever...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org