Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 09:20:11AM -0500, Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Michael Bramer wrote:
>
> > The 'play'-time and the frozen time must IMHO shorter 4-5 months.  Free
> > software have a to high speed for a longer release time.
>
> I fear the only way to shorten the freeze time is to have a disincentive
> to work on unstable.  Either don't allow uploads at all, a period when
> uploads aren't allowed (near release time or near freeze time or both), or
> some other strange scheme.  Unfortunately, everything I can think of to
> shorten a freeze will hurt unstable.

What about a 3 step scheme :

stable + updates

unstable -> becomes frozen when frozen ..

developpment, experimental, whatever you want to call it.

another way of shortening release time is to work with a dual team, one for
unstable, the other for development, at least for critical packages, but do we
have enough developpers for that ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER