Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?

"Phillip R. Jaenke" <prj@nls.net> writes:

   > Graphical install Ben Pfaff is working on (optional)

   IIRC, RedHat 4.2 had an X-based graphical install. Perhaps we should take
   a look at how they did that, and follow their example?

How can you fit an X-server on a floppy?  I'm using the kernel 2.2.x
framebuffer support.  It should work on almost anything with my VGA
640x480x16 kernel driver[*].  And it should be able to fit on a single
floppy, or at most two.

[*] Before anyone gets on my case again, *yes* it will support
non-i386, *yes* it will support your video card in 4096x8192x64 mode
(if you want to write a framebuffer driver for it).