Re: EGCS Re: glibc 2.1 notes

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 07:56:24 -0500, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> The Linux kernel 2.0.x and possiblly newer

2.2.x can be compiled with EGCS safely.

> should be compiled with GCC 2.7.2.3 and glibc should be compiled with
> EGCS.  Now isn't that inconvenient?

Not really, as EGCS and GCC can and do coexist on Debian.

I fully expect the 2.2.x kernels to have proven themselves stable enough by
the time we start considering freezing potato; we will therefore move to
EGCS as the default compiler for all gcc-supported languages, including C,
in potato.

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking