Re: Intent to package RHTVision - a TUI library.

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 02:50:50AM -0300, lubaldo@adinet.com.uy wrote:
> 	Hello, this is my first time writing to this mailing list and also it is
> late at night here and I want to sleep... so be kind with me please!
>
> 	The RHTVision library is a port to Linux and DOS (with DJGPP) of the
> TurboVision library of Borland, with many enhancements.
> 	The TurboVision library from Borland is under the Public Domain, so the
> authors enhanced the library, ported it and changed the license to GPL. Is
> this legal?

I think so (IANAL). "Public Domain" is like saying "do whatever you want
with this, I don't care".

> 	For more information of the library and if you want to download the
> upstream version, look on this URL:
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/6552/tvision.html
>
> 	There are a pair of programs that use this library that I am interested
> on, these are SETEdit and RHIDE.
> 	SETEdit is an editor for programmers, but easy to use yet powerfull.
> 	RHIDE is an Integrated Development Environment, it is very powerfull and
> user friendly, it has good debugging capabilities, etc.
> 	Both programs are GPL.

IIRC, Jose Rodriguez <jrguez@arrakis.es> announced he was going to package
RHIDE, but a year has passed and he hasn't uploaded anything yet...

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es