Re: *BSD port of debian potentially easier than Hurd portRe: [Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>] Re: Debian & BSD concerns

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> I asked a FreeBSD user I know and he suggested we could work on improving
> FreeBSD's /compat/linux instead. Then we could even have dpkg running
> in /compat/linux, so FreeBSD users could install Debian software easily.

I think this qualifies for some value of "making a Debian FreeBSD"

One more time I wil wipe my OS2/Win9x/Dos/*BSD/whatever partiton and
try to install FreeBSD. But I havn't enough time to promise to do
anything serious about it. I have to much to do including studying,
packages to make, work...

--
Peter er den mindst gamle af de gammeldags usenettere, og moderator på
den eneste modererede gruppe i dk.*, so there.