Re: RFC: new network config

On Tue, 16 February 1999 22:50:10 -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> I'm sorry I don't already know the answer, but I was wondering if you
> proposed system supported the following features.  IMHO, these
> features are *required* for any re-work of the network configuration system:

Should not we start slowly?
Right now we have a /etc/init.d/network that is small and you
have to write it down there on your own to make it work if you
want to change something.

If we had a more general config file this would already be
more than useful, methinks.

The question is what is desirable and what is doable. One step
has to be taken after the other.

Alexander