Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Slink

On Monday 15 February 1999, at 19 h 42, the keyboard of Chris Walker
<chrisw@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> > at its root) but there is a documented workaround (deinstalling, rm
> > -rf /usr/lib/jdk1.1, and reinstalling) , so I agree it can be seen as
> > non-release critical. Sam, do you agree to downgrade it?
>
> Is there really no way of fixing this or working around it? Ian?

See the workaround I suggest.

> Having java stop working after upgrading from hamm to slink isn't
> ideal...

No, it's not. But the longer we delay slink, the more problems we will get. Maintaining boot-floppies, for instance, is a nightmare because people keep changing things in the Packages :-(