Does lintian check menu files? (should it?)

After installing slink on my workstation at my new job, I noticed that
a couple of packages I installed (rxvt and gtimer) had incorrect menu
files.

Specifically, the package name in the menu file did not correspond to
the packages' actual names (rxvt's said 'xbase' and gtimer's said
'gedit') This appears to cause the latest version of update-menus not
to install them.  I assume that's the correct behaviour for
update-menus?  (it seems like a reasonable sanity check)

I assume the problem arises when people write their menu files with cp
(the syntax of the files *is* somewhat foreign - I wrote mine that way
too :-) and don't look hard enough at them before building the package.

I don't know enough about the 'menu' package to know what other common
mistakes might happen, but this one would be pretty simple to check
for in lintian, and should prevent trivial bug-reports, or, worse yet,
severe annoyance on the part of users who have been sold on the wonders
of our menu system. (like mine have)

Cheers