Re: RFC: new network config (was: Re: network configuration)

According to Craig Sanders:
> On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 12:16:52PM +0100, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>
> > Config files with fixed fields are evil. Really evil.
>
> sometimes they're the best way of doing something. they're certainly a
> lot easier and faster to parse in a sh script than anything else.

Yes. But in the software I used and/or wrote, it _always_ happens that
you want to include a new field, change the meaning of an existing
field, etc. Then you are stuck.

It really comes down to the difference between quick, dirty and easy
and "the right thing" (TM).

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?