Re: RFC: new network config (was: Re: network configuration)

On 5 Feb 1999, Steve Dunham wrote:
> Also, a mechanism for configuring just one interface, e.g. eth0 up and
> down to be used by pcmcia scripts when you insert an remove cards.
> (e.g. in Red Hat, when you insert a pcmcia card, it calls the script
> to configure eth0).

As far as I know, the pcmcia-cs package does that.  Try running
"pcnetconfig" (or something like that) and it'll give you options on how
to configure the card each time you insert it.  I'm not sure the
bootp/dhcp options work all the time (they don't for me, but it's not a
big deal), but the static IP configuration definitely works.

Andy