Re: Debian booth at LinuxTag '99?

Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> What's this LinuxTag thing?
>
>   The largest German Linux user show. In fact, it is probably the
>   largest Linux event in Europe. (If there is a larger one, we haven't
>   heard of it.) Last year there were an estimated 1500 visitors.
>   <URL:http://www.linuxtag.org/>.
>
> When and where?
>
>   June 26/27, 1999. University of Kaiserslautern, Germany.
>
> Who'll be there?
>
>   LinuxTag is geared towards users. Students. Private folk. Small
>   companies. People who actually want to get work done with a computer,
>   many of whom have never seen a Linux box before. It's not a
>   developer's event. Nevertheless, if last year's turnout is any
>   indication, most well-known names of the German Linux scene will show
>   up. I already mentioned KDE and the various commercial distributions.
>   The Trolls will come down all the way from Norway. We would dearly
>   love to have official Debian participation. Please drop me a note.

Today I've got an acknowledgement that my talk about "Debian GNU" was
accepted.  So Debian will be represented through a talk.  From what
I've heard back is that there will also be a Debian booth with several
machines and people.  Interestingly there are going to be at least two
non ix86 machines.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Unable to locate coffee, operator halted.  -- Stefan Farsch