NFS install requires accurate time, yes?

I've been having chronic difficulty installing over NFS...to a UDB.  I
discovered this evening that the reason one Alpha could NFS mount and
another not was the correctness of the clocks.  After setting the
clocks correctly...bingo.  So may I humbly suggest that this be added
to the documentation for NFS installs and that we add an optional step
for setting the clock?

Note that this problem is exacerbated by the change to hwclock (from
clock?) which does not appear to comprehend ARC time.  SRM, too,
appears to use a different notion of time.