Re: network configuration

Christian Hammers <ch@genesis.westend.com> writes:

> IMHO no end user should fiddle around with /etc/rc*. Why is there no
> /etc/network.conf or similar.

I don't think there's an /etc/network.conf file, but it sounds like a
good idea.  In general, /etc/init.d network is kind of a strange file
anway in that you can use it to bring up the network but not bring it
down (as you can with all the other /etc/init.d scripts).  I think it
would be nice to pull out the config data to a file in /etc and make
/etc/init.d network more like the other scripts in /etc/init.d, but
there may be a good reason not to.  If I were you, I'd contact Anthony
and see what he thinks...