Re: Debian's -rpath policy [was: What hack in ld.so?]

On Feb  1, 1999, Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> wrote:

> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

>> On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 12:19:48PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>> > to do one of the above, the most sensible is to steal RH's patch so that
>> > we are compatible.

>> I agree. Option 1 is definitely the best.

> Now to convince David Engel ...

I wish you more luck than you had with me!  Serious.

But I may contribute a bit of stubbornness, if you wish :-D

BTW, even if you decide to adopt RH's patch, it doesn't mean I'm not
going to accept a patch that drops implicit rpath flags for libraries
listed in ld.so.conf (or just in sys_lib_search_path_spec, for a
start).  I'd implement it myself if I were not so much overloaded with
academic issues.

--
Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}