Re: Call for mascot! :-) -- flying pigs

"Alexander N. Benner" <Nikodemus@innocent.com> writes:

> ok .. beat me for this .. but it does not realy meen 'good bye and
> thankyou for the fish' ! Dolphins are not more intelligent then paes
> or other animals.  Intelligence referes also to somewhat of abstract
> thinking which no animal has.

Um.  There's a substantial body of recent psych and animal behavior
research that indicates that this isn't nearly as obvious as you seem
to claim.  Even older research, like that mentioned in Sagan's
"Dragons of Eden" casts doubt on the hypothesis that higher animals
like dolphins don't have abstract cognitive processes...