Re: Neat gtk/gdk-imlib pain

On 1 Feb 1999, Jim Pick wrote:

> > I somehow sense that slink/potato gtk/gnome is going to be painfull..
>
> I agree.  I'm only planning to support Gnome 0.99.x/1.0 on potato.

Oh, I was just reminded of this on the dpkg list.. The gtk (gdk? I forget)
library packages have been internationalized but the messages directory
they use does not include the soname of the library! Thus it is impossible
to have two properly installed version of the libraries with different
sonames, this is an upstream bug of course, but it is kind of serious.

Jason