Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Slink

Oscar Levi <elf@buici.com> writes:

> In my opinion, this problem is not sufficient to warrant an upload at
> this time since, contrary to the bug reporters claim, it does not
> prevent the packing from functioning.  It is annoying, yes.

Interesting that it works for you.  It really doesn't for me:
~> java
Warning: can't find /usr/lib/jdk1.1/bin/../bin/checkVersions, hope that's ok
java was not found in /usr/lib/jdk1.1/bin/../bin/i686/green_threads/java

The binary is somehow actually missing, and I've not done anything weird as
far as I know.  The other folks who are saying is doesn't work have the
same problem.  I _know_ the checkversions thing is another problem.

# apt-get install jdk1.1
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, jdk1.1 is already the newest version
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

# dpkg --status jdk1.1
Package: jdk1.1
Section: non-free/devel
Installed-Size: 11973
Maintainer: Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org>
Version: 1.1.7v1a-1
Replaces: jdk1.1-runtime
Provides: jdk1.1-runtime, java-virtual-machine
Depends: libc6, xlib6g (>= 3.3-5), xpm4g (>= 3.4j-0)
Suggests: jdk1.1-dev, tya
Conflicts: jdk1.1-runtime, jdk1.1-dev (<< 1.1.7v1a-1)

--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |