Re: ITP: debwrap

On Sat, Jan 01, 2000 at 02:20:32AM +0900, Atsushi KAMOSHIDA wrote:
> Hello,

> >> 'debwrap' is a wrapper program for dpkg/apt-get, which reply questions
> >> of each package described in {pre,post}-inst scripts.
> >>
> >> The mechanism of debwrap is that debwrap executes the
> >> command(dpkg/apt-get) using psudo-terminal and debwrap gets from
> >> STDOUT of psudo-terminal, puts to STDIN of psudo-terminal, so, if
> >> debwrap gets a question line from {pre,post}-inst of each package,
> >> debwrap puts the corresponding answer.
>
> > Isn't debconf going to make this obsolete before it is even used? :)
>
> If you set debconf's configuration 'critical' os 'high' as 'Ignore
> questions with a priority less than..', some questions are answered by
> package settings using debconf. But you can't install without any
> questions using debconf.
>
> Debwrap aims to install packages with no questions or control by
> external program.

If you set the frontend on debconf to non-interactive, then it will not
prompt you at all. This of course relies on things using debconf. Does
this wrapper play nicely with debconf? If not, then I suggest you make
sure it conflicts with it (which could make it uninstallable anyway).

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '