Re: dpkg library

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 10:25:51PM +0100, Stefan Hornburg was heard to say:
> Steve Dunham <dunham@cse.msu.edu> writes:
> > Stefan Hornburg <racke@linuxia.de> writes:
> >
> > > I like to know if a library for developing applications based on the
> > > dpkg package system exists like rpmlib for RPM systems.
> >
> > libapt-pkg has similar functionality (perhaps more functionality).
> Fine. Unfortunately the documentation is missing, right ?
> Are there any example applications besides apt-get out there ?
> Bye
>         Racke

  Well, you could look at gnome-apt, console-apt or Aptitude.  The best thing to
do is to permanently store the Apt source ("apt-get source apt") and source to
one or two other Apt-using programs in your home directory, and consult those
very often.
  I also seem to remember that a libdpkg exists, but I'm not sure.

The New Testament offers the basis for modern computer coding theory,
in the form of an affirmation of the binary number system.

        But let your communication be Yea, yea; nay, nay:
        for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
                -- Matthew 5:37