Re: dpkg library

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 10:25:51PM +0100, Stefan Hornburg was heard to say:
> Steve Dunham <dunham@cse.msu.edu> writes:
>
> > Stefan Hornburg <racke@linuxia.de> writes:
> >
> > > I like to know if a library for developing applications based on the
> > > dpkg package system exists like rpmlib for RPM systems.
> >
> > libapt-pkg has similar functionality (perhaps more functionality).
>
> Fine. Unfortunately the documentation is missing, right ?
> Are there any example applications besides apt-get out there ?
>
> Bye
>         Racke

  Well, you could look at gnome-apt, console-apt or Aptitude.  The best thing to
do is to permanently store the Apt source ("apt-get source apt") and source to
one or two other Apt-using programs in your home directory, and consult those
very often.
  I also seem to remember that a libdpkg exists, but I'm not sure.

  Daniel

--
The New Testament offers the basis for modern computer coding theory,
in the form of an affirmation of the binary number system.

        But let your communication be Yea, yea; nay, nay:
        for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
                -- Matthew 5:37