Re: ITP: LVM

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 05:16:46PM +0000, Tom Lees wrote:
> > Assuming that noone else has already got it (I checked the WNPP webpage
> > and it wasn't listed), I intend to package LVM, which can be found at
> >
> > http://linux.msede.com/lvm
>
> What is it? Could you post a short description along with your ITP?

Logical Volume Manager.

It's known under HP-Sux, for example.

You put n disks into a volume group, then you create partitions on
that group, the LVM decides how to use which of these n disks, you
can resize the filesystems and move things from one physical disk
to another if you expect a failure and want to exchange disks.  You
can also add another disk to the group and expand the filesystems.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Linux - the choice of a GNU generation.