Re: ITP: Postmark - the NetApp benchmark program

    Russell> I intend to package Postmark and have it done well before
    Russell> Jan 2.  Postmark is a file system benchmark developed by
    Russell> NetApp for showing how good their Filers are.  It's got
    Russell> some good options and it's a reasonably comprehensive
    Russell> test of mail server performance.

    Russell> The upstream source is a single .c file.  I will send in
    Russell> an archive with makefile, brief man page, etc.  A Debian
    Russell> diff doesn't really make sense to me as I don't plan to
    Russell> make any changes to the .c file...  Is it necessary to
    Russell> have a diff file?

Does upstream distribute a *.tgz or *.tar file?

If not, I wouldn't worry. You cannot maintain prestine source in this
case anyway. I think that is the main benifit on using diff files.

Can you have a Debian package, without a diff, but with a debian
revision?  I think you would have to force dpkg-buildpackage to upload
full source, for instance, with the -si or -sa option (not sure which
one).

--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>