Re: Really no sponsor out there?

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shaleh@valinux.com> writes:

> On 24-Dec-1999 Dennis Schoen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Fri, 17 Dec i've posted an ITP for
> >
> > libdbix-cgi-perl
> > libdbix-easy-perl
> > libcgi-extratags-perl
> >
> > with the note that i need a sponsor for the packages.
> >
> I personally will only sponsor packages that I would be willing to maintain.
> I suspect others feel the same way -- how can we help you to solve bugs if we
> do not use the software?

That is understandable, but how one becomes Debian maintainer from
scratch ? This is the cause why Dennis and I need a sponsor.
We developing this software and Dennis will maintain the Debian

I'll take portability, sanity and clean design before some "my dick is
bigger than your dick" direct rendering argument any day.
linus@kernel 14. December 1999 [code freeze for 2.4 now !]