Re: Quake is GPL

I am not a lawer, these are only my opinions :

 what is sure:

1) {doom,quake} contains no gore
2) {doom,quake} data files are information

 what is not so sure :

3) Germany signed UN Declaration of Human Rights
4) International agreements take precedence over statal laws
5) point 19 states that everyone have right to propagate any informantion
   by any available way

 so :

[1]
6) engine IS legal
[3+4+5]
7) everyone in Germany have right to propagate any informantion
   by any available way
[2+7]
8) everyone in Germany have right to propagate {doom,quake} data files
   by any available way
[6+8]
9) {Doom,Quake} is legal

 and:

10) void law should be submited to German Supreme Court
11) if it fails, to some European Supreme Court, dont know what it really is

Im not sure about point 4. Polish constitution contain such thing,
and it sounds reasonable to me, but some German should confirm or reject it
If there are some other mistakes please tell me.

BTW: if some packages are illegal in some countries they should be in non-us
(renamed to free-world) archive