Re: [bug] Restarting Daemons on package install/upgrade.

On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 10:49:31PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom was heard to say:
>  I've noticed that when I install or upgrade a daemon, it's often
>  started up during the postinst regardless of whether I have that
>  service enabled via /etc/rcN.d for the runlevel I am currently in.
>  This is very annoying.
>
>  Please, if you maintain a daemon package, fix it, for potato, so that
>  it only restarts if there's a link to the init.d script from the
>  runlevel directory of the current runlevel.

  Do we have a generic way to test whether a daemon is enabled for a given
runlevel?  That is -- one that works with filerc as well as sysvinit?

  (I personally use filerc, and I'd like to not have everyone's scripts
   break on my system :) )

  Daniel

--
C C.