I propose more packages

First I'd like to tell, that I do not subscribe this mailing-list and I am
not Debian developer. I can read mailing-list-archives via WWW and if you
want, you can reply me, too.

Here is more proposed packages to make Debian GNU/linux even better
Linux-distribution than it already is:

 * * *

Radiance:

http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/HOME.html

Some big 3D-software. Has its own licence.

 * * *

KIM

http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/kim/

ncurses-based interactive process-management-tool. Licenced under GNU GPL.

 * * *

TkWho

http://pel.cs.byu.edu/~alen/computers/TkWho/

Tk-version of who-command. Very useful addition to [x|g|k|w]dm, so people
won't shutdown workstation having some users logged in.

 * * *

XPS:

http://www.netwinder.org/~rocky/xps-home/

Graphical process-tree-management-program. Licenced under GNU GPL.

 * * *

TreePs

http://www.slip.net/~gmd/tps/treeps.htm

Just like xps, but seems to have more bells and whistles.

 * * *

SmartBee

http://smartbee.org/

Very portable fortune-program. Licenced under GNU GPL.

 * * *

asmutils

http://lightning.voshod.com/asm/asmutils.html

Many utils of Linux ported to 80x86 assembler. Licenced under GNU GPL.

 * * *

gbase

http://www.hibernaculum.demon.co.uk/

GBase is a GTK program designed to convert between the four common bases
used in programming (decimal, hexadecimal, octal and binary). It converts
numbers on-the-fly as they are typed in.

Licenced under Artistic Licence.

 * * *

ImPress

http://www.ntlug.org/~ccox/impress/index.html

ImPressTM  is a WYSIWYG layout program designed especially for Linux.  It
allows you to create presentations and Postscript documents using fully
scalable graphics similar to programs like Macromedia Freehand, Corel Draw,
Adobe Illustrator and Visio.

 * * *

Dead Link Check

http://www.loria.fr/~michel/DLC/

Dead link checker for Netscape Bookmarks. Can be used with Public Bookmark
Generator or with itself. Licenced under GNU GPL.

 * * *

Public Bookmark Generator

http://www.loria.fr/~michel/PBM/

Generates tree-like link-list of Netscape Bookamrks. Licenced under GNU GPL.

 * * *

P.S: Some time ago I proposed some video editing tools to be added to Debian.
Their homepage is moved here:

http://heroine.linuxbox.com/

--
-- Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * * U of Jyväskylä * * juhtolv@st.jyu.fi --