Re: Summary: logout/halt/reboot as ordinary user, gnome logout button?

Sorry, I didn't followed the whole discussion, but I have solved
the problem in this way:

/usr/local/bin> ls -l halt reboot shutdown
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     staff          26 Aug 31 20:13 halt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     staff          28 Aug 31 20:13 reboot
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     staff          33 Aug 31 20:14 shutdown

/usr/local/bin> cat halt
#!/bin/sh
sudo /sbin/halt

/usr/local/bin> cat reboot
#!/bin/sh
sudo /sbin/reboot

/usr/local/bin> cat shutdown
#!/bin/sh
sudo /sbin/shutdown $@

/etc/sudoers contains all users who are allowed to do the described
tasks.  Put the scripts from /usr/local/bin into a menu structure
or a button and you are ready.

Hope this wasn't suggested before.

Kind regards

        Andreas.