Re: two suggestions

MoiN

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 12:28:50PM -0300, Pablo De Napoli wrote:
> > >  1) Each library should have a link to the corresponding "-dev" package ,
> > >  (something like "suggest devel")to make it easier to find the
> > >  corresponding developing files (I think is a good practice allways
> > >  downloading both).

I have written a small perl-script which does a good guess which *-dev
packages you might install on your system. You can get it at

	http://garnix.unix-ag.uni-hannover.de/~ingo/dpkg-chkdev

The output is in german but it is easy to use. Just call it without
parameters. It will analyze your system and give a summary in the form:

package-dev: package1 package2

which means "package-dev might be installed because package1 and package2
are installed". It does not recognize conflicting -dev packages which I
do resolve in dselect.

This program works for me(TM), but you are free to use it within debian.

    Ingo
--
List.Unix-AG	Linux 2.1r3 (slink)