Re: Pico (Was: freedomization task list)

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     Also a "pine-like" mutt would be fine.  Sometimes I considered to
>     switch to mutt, but it was a short attempt.  Why should I switch
>     from a program which does all tasks I want to do and is comfortable
>     enough?
>
> To have freedom, perhaps?  If freedom is important to you,
> then you won't want to use PINE.
That's why I'd gladly switch to a free pine clone.
What I wanted to say is that I don't want to spend my *free* time
into learning the usage of a *free* program if I'm allowed to use
a *non-free* program for "free" (here free means, that I am allowed
to use pine for my purpose without having to pay money and, yes, I
know your definition of free and I like it, but it was for the
nice play of words).

The intention of my mail was to say that in my opinion it would be
more important to clone pine than to discuss if we should clone pico
or not.  Even a free pine using the non-free old pico would be
better than using the non-free pine with non-free pico, right?

Kind regards

        Andreas.

Send with pine, edited with vim ... because I like free editors :).