Re: Package Pool Proposal

Michael Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 09:21:03AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > b) you want to be able to nfs mount your debian mirror so you can install
> >    with dpkg -i as well as apt-get and dselect (this is particularly
> >    useful if you mirror debian-incoming as well)
>
> Use apt-get -d to download but not install. I'm not sure why this is
> necessary, but what the heck.

Maybe you just don't have enough hdspace on a machine and can't let
apt-get from a http (or ftp) source fill /var/cache/apt with the
packages you want to install (nfs mounted mirror is a 'file:/' URI and
doesn't do this).

Filip

--
Get a life. Get Windows(tm). It makes you wanna spend a lot less time
with your pc.

filipvr@xs4all.be              Helpdesk        Tel: +32/(0)9/265.02.05
http://www.xs4all.be        Webengineering     Fax: +32/(0)9/265.02.50