Re: death of the gif format

Why no switch to GIFs that don't use the patented compression?
This was done in the mh-book package in the last upload (it had a
_lot_ of GIFs).

BTW, I asked another upstream author to consider switching.  He
emailed back saying that he noticed Debian still used GIFs in our
webd page and we knew best.  So he wasn't changing.  I understand
the reason, but perhaps switching to non-compressed GIFs would be
okay?

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada