Re: RIPE Whois?

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> On Dec 03, Nils Jeppe <nils@jeppe.de> wrote:
>  >Is there a ripe whois package for debian, and if not, is there intention
>  >to create one?
> There is a much better one :-), try the whois client in potato.
> It knows where netblock, domains and AS are delegated.

Is that the one in current unstable? it sucks, it uses the NSI whois
database as a default... and I think it can't do reverse lookups. At least
when I tried it told me this ripe-compatible feature was disabled for
ordinary whois databses (even though I was explicitely telling it to use
the ripe whois databse).

--
  Allow me to introduce myself, I am a man of wealth and taste.
  http://nils.jeppe.de/  -   Alternative email: nils@work.de