Re: ITP: gnap

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 08:35:25PM -0600, Andrew G . Feinberg wrote:
> I'm not sure if anyone else is packaging it, and if someone is please let
> me know. Otherwise, I am.

It might be nice to add a cmd line arg to let the user select the specific
server they want, rather than being forced to use the server dished out to
them.  We aren't Windows users here, we are a minority, and I think we can
circumvent the load-balancing system for now. :-)

I would do it myself, and if you don't I probably will eventually, but I
couldn't find documentation on libpopt (argument parsing that fits into GNOME
well) and am generally too lazy to RTFS or find an example. ;)

I did, however, add a little function which would read "./servers" if it
exists and fall back on a random server from it if the main server returned
"127.0.0.1" (a method of turning away users when the load got unmanageable)

Have a good one,
	Rob.

--
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of
specific companies. Unix, by contrast, is not so much a product as it is a