Re: Why does potato compiling suck?

> I know, I know, but every program that I try to compile has a different
> problem.  And AFAIK, it's not because include/linux/* doesn't match the
> kernel.  Basically, I'd just like to know if anyone knows of any big
> problems with either the new gccs or with some standard libraries that are
> in potato.
>
> It sorta sucks when you try to live on the bleeding edge, but you can't
> compile things properly.

But you haven't even explained at all -- are you missing
things like header files or getting compiler errors?
Or "Internal compiler errors?"  (usually those mean
bad memory)?  I compile things *all* the time, but I've
haven't tried to build KDE from the deb src, so that
package may just have a bug or you are missing a bunch
of dependencies...
If you would just cut and paste error messages, we could
actually help you...

No, potato seems great as a development environment, I use it
nearly constantly :) --- no notable problems.

- Dave