Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

[ trimmed "To:" a little.  Please CC me, I'm not on -devel nor -qa ]

Ok.  Got a box of my own.  Installed Debian on it.  No network access
yet.  Working on that.  BTW, I haven't checked this, but there seems
to be some issue with Athlons: slink disc #2 boots ok, #1 doesn't
(CD's from Linux Central).  SuSE (got a Matrox G400 on the box,
slink's xfree is no good, stole server from SuSE cd, but now I've got
a mess with c++... fun, fun, fun :-), anyway, SuSE 5.2 boots with
2.2.10, with MTRR enabled, which gently spits out an exception and
hangs right after printing "MTRR blah blah blah".  I grabbed 2.2.10
sources from their CD, recompiled without MTRR and it boots ok.  Dunno
if this has been solved with 2.2.13, but it's something to keep in
mind for the boot floppies.  (The funny thing is the kernel does say
it's a K7)

 > > Package: gltt2 (main)
 > > Maintainer: Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org>
 > >   50596  gltt2: current version needs recompile.
 >
 > Can someone please recompile the package with the new libc?

Please NMU, along with Moonlight (long compile, but should not give
trouble, back in september I uploaded a new release with patches for
the new egcs)

 > > Package: wmmail (main)
 > > Maintainer: Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org>
 > >   44569  wmmail: wmmail: defaults domain HC!@HC!@card/GNUstep/Defaults/WMMail corrupted
 >
 > Could this just be a problem with a wrong default while compiling it? If
 > yes, Marcelo, can we NMU it to get it fixed?

Last time I looked at this, it was a problem with libproplist, IIRC.
It's a very simple thing, I beleive.

 > Brandon

[ the name is Branden...  recently I have experienced first hand what
  it means to have your name misspelled/mispronounced five times a
  day...  it's not funny ]

	Marcelo