Re: Re: slink and potato

--- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 07:57:45 -0500
From: eric <eao@tiac.net>
To: daniel alvarez <d-alvarez@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: slink and potato

> This happened to me too.  I found that somethign had removed
> /bin/sh and everything else after that complained about
> no such file or directory was really complaining there was no shell.
>
> 				eric
> >daniel alvarez wrote:
> >
> > I'm running slink on a SPARCstation LX and trying to install some
> potato
> > packages on it. Some work but many can't be installed, dpkg outputs a
> > message saying "install-info: failed to lock dir for editing! No such
> > file or directory"
> > "dpkg: warning: old pre-removal script returned error exit
> > status 2"
> > "dpkg - trying script from the new package instead"
> > ..then the same happens for these script and dpkg quits
> >
> > Invoking dpkg with the debug flags set to 2000 doesn't give any
> additional
> > information
> >
> > Is there any possibility to get this packages running or can I somehow
> > find out what directories or files have to be there?
> > thx

/bin/sh continues existing as a symbolic link to /bin/bash, so that
isn't the problem here. But if you know how to find out exactly which
scripts are invoked by dpkg that would be helpful. Then I could take
a look at them and interpret the messages to be able to change the
directory structure accordingly. A way to find out at runtime (logs
or s.th.) what operation causes the scripts to return the error
would be cool too. thanks previosly

Daniel Alvarez Arribas
d-alvarez@gmx.de

--