Re: bc dependencies

Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> > I also downloaded bc's (potato version) source, because of dependencies.
> > Now when I had build that on my slink system, it's only dependency was
> > 'libc6' (without a version), while the web page for unstable bc mentions
> > not only a dependency for 'libc6 (>=2.1)' but also for libncurses4 and
> > for libreadlineg2.
> > Now I'm wondering why it is that the same source package compiled on a
> > different system does not depend on the latter two???
> > Is this a bug or something?
>
> Most probably you didn't have libreadline-dev and ncurses-dev installed, and
> bc detected this at configure time.

I can't check this for sure, as I'm not at home, but shouldn't I have
them installed in order to even be able to build bc if it uses them?
(I'm quite certain though that I have at least ncurses-dev on my system)

Filip

--
Get a life. Get Windows(tm). It makes you wanna spend a lot less time
with your pc.

filipvr@xs4all.be              Helpdesk        Tel: +32/(0)9/265.02.05
http://www.xs4all.be        Webengineering     Fax: +32/(0)9/265.02.50