Re: imp blows away hand-edited changes...

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 11:27:57AM +1100 , Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 04:34:59AM -0700, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > tis ok...I'll revert to the old methods and come up with some other way
> > to do this.

I'd like debconf better than impconfigure (yuck)

> cool.

Really, I'd like (would live) with imp using debconf, iff it would use the
template you mention. Or have some timestamp on when the file was automaticaly
generated and not touch/warn that it was changed afterwards. Third posibility
is to have a question at the end of the install "Do you want further
autogenerate defaults.php3?"

> btw, i'm not trying to flame you or anything...it's just that this issue
> is very serious - config files are sacred, especially when they have
> been hand-edited by the system admin.

yup

				Petr Cech
--