Re: upgrading from corel linux to potato

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Joey Hess wrote:

> aphro wrote:
> > i have a feeling corel will have a glibc2.1 update to their linux not long
> > after potato is released ..very few will want to try to upgrade from corel
> > to potato ..it would be too painful
>
> It wouldn't be, if corel hadn't done stupid things with kde-corel.

It's true, they got a bit sloppy. But it's easily fixable with a
dpkg-divert call.

Unfortunately, I was trying to get Corel's package manager to run on my
potato system (whereas you've been trying for the other way around), and I
hit a dependency problem: kde-corel depends on an older version of the apt
libraries.

I just got into Corel's ftp site, and there is a source repository.
Perhaps I can recompile kde-corel to fix the dependency problem. And
remove the silly file conflict while I'm at it...