Re: New science section

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 12:48:10AM -0500, Amy Fong wrote:
> My conclusion is, if you want to use a very generic definition of
> science, then I can argue that just about everything should go under
> science.

That's true.

On the other hand, most of what's in the math section doesn't
represent math but represents tools useful for math.  Likewise,
most of what's in the science section doesn't represent science
but represents tools useful for science.

And, of course, tools can be used for more than one application.

The debian classification system is somewhat useful, but it has a lot
of ambiguities.  Then again, this seems to be the case for just about
any library classification scheme.  [And the usual solution seems to be
to provide several different schemes for accessing the same information
and letting the user pick what's relevant.]

--
Raul