Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 19, 1999

BugScan reporter wrote:
  >Bug stamp-out list for Nov 19 03:07 (CST)

  >Package: gobo (main)
  >Maintainer: Oliver Elphick <Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk>
  >  50591  gobo: errors compiling, and needed PATH addition

Need a new upstream version, which I shall upload in the next few days.

  >Package: postgresql (main)
  >Maintainer: Oliver Elphick <Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk>
  >  48340  postgresql: Doesn't build on Alpha

Is this still true?

  >  49580  postgresql: upgrade broken

No information from bug-submitter.  I'm not convinced there is a bug to solve.

  >  50388  Backend close client-server channel unexpectedly

This is an upstream bug, relating to the use of multi-byte encoded character
sets.  It does not affect those using ASCII.  It is a very serious bug
for those who want to use MB, but unimportant for the rest.  I'm not
sure that it should be graded as release-critical; I don't think that
PostgreSQL should be pulled because of it.

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "To show forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and