Re: Stop Debian/FreeBSD

On 18 Nov 1999, John Goerzen wrote:
> Please, people, if you have not thought through the ramifications of
> what you are trying to do, take a step back and look at the big
> picture first.  Why not try to help the free software community
> instead of hurt it?

This *does* help the free software community. All of the GPL licensed
tools and programs that would be bundled with the OS are still GPLed. The
only difference is, you have people doing work on them on a platform that
is BSD licensed. That doesn't make all those programs automagically become
BSD licensed. The GPL still applies to them.

Mike Kelly	<kellym@nbnet.nb.ca>
		http://halcyon.nothinbut.net/~kellym

  'Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
   I took the one less traveled by,