Re: Debian FreeBSD

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 05:13:23PM +0100, Per Lundberg was heard to say:
> I just wanted you to know that Piotr Roszatycki (dexter@fnet.pl) has
> started working on a FreeBSD based distribution. Right now, 80
> packages have been recompiled. It's probably getting into sid soon.
>
> Anyway, if you're interested in this, don't hesitate to subscribe to
> the debian-bsd mailing list.

  Out of curiosity, if you can hear anything over the noise of the
flamethrowers..

  Is this just a kernel replacement or a complete system overhaul?  That is, is
it just recompiling Debian targeted at the BSD kernel (ie, we keep the GNU
fileutils, shell, compiler, etc) or does it use a BSD core?  I automatically
assumed the first, but I just realized this might not be what you're talking
about..

  Daniel

--
Anything that can go wrong, wfortune: segmentation fault, core dumped