Re: lyx_1.1.2-1 replaces lyx_1.0.4-3

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 10:53:37AM -0600, Oleg Krivosheev wrote:
> >    This version was downloaded from
> >    ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/stable/lyx-1.1.2.tar.gz
>                                ^^^^^^

That's the only reason why we considered this version for Debian.

BTW it fixes two outstanding Debian bugs.

> Perhaps an example would make more sense. At a given time (July
> 23, 1999), the latest stable version was

Pretty old huh?

> 1.0.3. The next stable version would be 1.0.4. So far, two
> prereleases had been made of the new version, so the latest was
> 1.0.4pre2. The core developers had meanwhile begun working on versions
> 1.1.x, and the changes made during that cycle would be reflected
> (eventually) in a stable version 1.2.0. In this case:

Yes, that's what they said back then. But for some reason they decided to
call 1.1.2 stable. And I trust the maintainers on this subject.

> could Michael put a light on this subject?

I'm not a LyX developer, so it's rather difficult for me as well. I was also
surprised to see an odd named versio under stable. But since the upstream
does call it stable why shouldn't we use it?

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!