Re: Corel Linux

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> Per Lundberg wrote:
>
> > the feeling I get is not of a new operating system, but of a
> > stripped-down Debian with KDE, and some more flashy graphics.
>
> Do you know if it's Debian-compatible?
> Could one install this and then either:
>
>  - install Debian packages without conflict?
>  - completely move over to Debian packages and eventually remove
>    all Corel packages?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

dselect is there and there is an option to install a "deb" file from within
their corel-update thing.

While this won't be replacing any of my servers, it looks like it will make a
great desktop to keep users happy and debian under the bonet to keep us admins
happy.  Anything that makes just one more user try linux has to be good.

Rob.