Re: lyx_1.1.2-1 replaces lyx_1.0.4-3

GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca (Peter S Galbraith) writes:

> Changes:
>  lyx (1.1.2-1) unstable; urgency=low

I don't think that it's a good idea to replace a version released as
stable by the upstream developers with a devel version which is
considered by the very same upstream developers to be their devel
version for which they don't even guarantee proper compilation. :-\

I'd rather like to see something like a "lyx1.0_1.0.4" parallel to the
unstable "lyx1.1_1.1.2" instead.  Debian users really shouldn't have
to be forced to be using bleeding edge software when perfectly stable
(almost) upstream versions are available.

                                   Thanks, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------