Re: Logs and Permissions for Daemons

>Yes there is. We have a scant number of dynamically allocated low user ID's,
>and your rwhod, telnetd, identd, etc users are eating them rapidly. Please
>think ahead instead of blindly creating new users, and please notice we have
>a single "daemon" user already made that is meant to be there so random
>daemons can run as it, not root.

Wont this mean if the user breaks into one daemon running as userid
"daemon", then he/she can break into any daemon running with that
userid (not to mention log files, etc)?

Not that I understand how telnetd can run as non-root, so maybe
I am missing something here.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>