Re: using logrotate instead of savelog cron.weekly?

Le Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 04:14:53PM -0500, Peter S Galbraith écrivait:
> I just noticed that Policy 3.0.0 said that we're suppose to use
> logrotate to rotate log file in our packages.  I still put a
> savelog entry in cron.weekly.
>
> Indeed, my chroot potato system doesn't even have logrotate.
> Has _anybody_ started to use it?

Yes, I use it for sympa (a mailing list manager). You can add
a dependency (or at least a Recommends/Suggests) to logrotate if you
want to be sure that log files are rotated.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>