Re: OpenSSH uploaded replacing ssh, please test

On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 07:39:47AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:

> that's not a bad idea. then we could have "openssh" and "fsecure-ssh"
> packages, each Providing "ssh-server" and "ssh-client", with the current
> ssh package replaced with one that "Depends: ssh-server, ssh-client".

   While the topic is being discussed, could the remote shell programs with
minimal rsh-like syntax provide an alternative (eg. /usr/bin/remote-shell)?
All of the parallel libraries have wishlist items against them requesting
this, but we aren't in a good position to provide it in a uniform manner.
This isn't for security, just convenience.  None of the parallel libraries
do encryption or run data through the shell for performance reasons.

-Drake